"Hello world of PWA!" app
The article provides the steps to create a basic application and add an app icon to Home Screen.
Log in to your Mobsted account
Click Create new Application (GREEN BUTTON)
- Name you application (BLUE MARK) as "Hello PWA World " and click Save (ORANGE MARK)
- Drag and Drop Text element (RED mark) from the left panel to the device emulator in the centre of the screen
- Go to the Properties (GREEN MARK) of Text element and change its text to "Hello PWA world" (BLUE MARK)
- Click Save Screen.
The basic app with text is ready. Now we need to save it to your device.
Widgets control how the app is saved to the home screen, how messengers are connected, how promo pop-ups look like and act.
One standard App Saving Widget is already pre-created with any new app. Here is how to find it and change it:
- Mouse over Application section and select Widgets (RED MARK)
2. You can see that Widget and it's scenarios are already activated (BLUE MARK)
3. You can edit texts & content of the Widget or delete the Widget by clicking Edit or Delete ( ORANGE MARK)
For now this widget is enough. Continue to the next section to launch your PWA from a link.
This link is used to distribute the app, for example, it can be placed on the website to make the app publicly accessible. You can use the link in any from - as QR, on images and buttons, etc etc. Do not confuse the Common Access Link (CAL) with the direct invitational links, which you will also see on the platform. The CAL acts based on rules on Security page and may require user registration and/or authorisation. There is no user pre-set in CAL.
Mouse over Application section and select Security (ORANGE MARK)
In the Common Access Link section you should see the link and the QR code to access the App (BLUE MARK)
Click Show QR Code
Scan the QR code with the phone's QR reader and choose Chrome or Safari to open it.
Wait the widget to appear. It will automatically adjust itself based on a device and OS you are using.
Follow the Intsrution for iOS or Press Add for Android. You will have the app icon added to the Home Screen of your device.
Tap the icon to see your app's content
Offload the app from the phone's memory & switch your device to Airplane mode
Launch the app from the Icon again and check if it works offline.